The main war memorial of Luton, located outside the Town Hall. The memorial built of Portland Stone was put up in 1922. It is is inscribed on four sides with the names of the 1286 dead of World War One. Later bronze panels commemorate the dead of the Second World War. The 8 feet high bronze statue of 'Peace' carries a myrtle branch held aloft in her right hand and an angel holding a wreath in her left hand. Read official list description.