The Luton Yearbook 1914 describes the Chapel Street Wesleyan Chapel:
Chapel Street Circuit – Chapel Street Chapel (Locally known as the Big Wesleyan) was opened in 1852, and is one of the largest places of worship in Methodism.
- Ministers: Revs Frank Hall, Thomas May M.A., A.S. Bishop.
- Circuit stewards, Messers H. Arnold and S. Farmer.
The chapels in Luton connected with the circuit are:
- Bailey Hill
- Dallow Road
- Dunstable Road