85 Wenlock Street
The Luton Yearbook 1914 describes St Matthews Church:
St. Matthews Church, erected in 1875, situated in High Town occupies a commanding site. Seating accommodation 800.
- Vicar Rev. Harry Coate, appointed in 1894
- Curate, Rev W.H. Hopkins
- Wardens Messers T. Bodell, 59 Clarendon Road, and H.E Cain, 61 Clarendon Road
- Organist Mr A. Burgess
- Verger G. Newbury
- Parish Nurse nurse Wintle, 1196 North Street.
- The Church Army Hall is in Brunswick Street
- Officers in Charge Captain and Mrs Higson.