The Luton Yearbook 1914 describes the High Town Chapel:
First Circuit – High Town Chapel is the head. The old chapel now used as a lecture hall and Sunday School was built in 1852. The new church provides accommodation for 800 people, and was opened in 1898.
- Ministers: Rev J. Ritson. W.F. Clulow and S. Dobson (supernumerary).
- Cardigan Street Chapel is in this circuit and has accommodation for 250 worshippers.
- Circuit Steward: Mr S. Kilby.