The Luton Yearbook 1914 describes Christ Church:
Christ Church was erected in 1858, and since then it has been considerably altered greatly adding to the comfort of the congregation. It has accommodation for 850 worshippers.
- Vicar and rural dean. Rev Charles Morgan Smith B.A. B.D.,
- Assistant clergy. Rev. Horace J. Stares. and Rev. E.C. Whitworth.
- Churchwardens, Messers W.R. Phillips and John Gates
- Organist, Mr. Stanley Bennett, A.R.C.O.
- Nurse. Miss. Griffiths. 48 Grove Road
- Parish Room; Inkerman Street.
- Day Schools, Buxton Road.
- St. Andrews, Crawley Road.
- Wardens, Messers C. Robinson and Percy Bass.
- All Saints Beech Hill.
- Wardens, Messrs R.H. Marks and C. Barker.
- St Peters Church Dallow Road.